MOXIE • GRIT • GUTS • STURDINESS • CALMNESS • WISDOM • FOCUS • AWARENESS • CONFIDENCE • THOUGHT
WHAT IS A PATIENT ORGANIZATION?
LET’S START WITH WHAT IT IS NOT.
It is not about Putting up With jerks
Patience builds the courage and wisdom needed to attract people who are bought in and engaged. No owner starts out dreaming to surround themselves with jerks.
It is not about slowness
Patience requires slowing down in order to focus, reflect, prioritize but it allows for smarter responses faster.
It is Not about Avoidance
Patience does not look for ways to go around things. It goes through them. It allows leaders to make tough calls, not avoid them.
Why Read The Patient Organization?
WITH PATIENCE COMES CONSISTENCY, WITH CONSISTENCY COMES STAMINA, AND WITH STAMINA COMES INCREDIBLE REPEATABLE RESULTS.
The Patient Organization holds the 7 keys to unlocking the power inside your Organizational Operating System (OOS). Weather it is Rockefeller Habits, Scaling Up, Holacracy, The Advantage, 4DX, Traction, EOS®, or a self-developed system. It will answer why does EOS work? Why does Traction work? Why does Scaling Up work? and how does EOS work? how does Traction work, and how does Scaling Up work etc. etc.?
The Patient Organization and the 7 Questions will make your system come alive for your employees.
Often, from your employees perspective, your OOS installation is seen as something you are doing to them as opposed to something you are doing for them. With The Patient Organization’s message and promise you will be able to let them see for themselves that your investment into an OOS is something you are doing for them.
Your employees will be able to tune into their favorite channel WIIFM – What’s In It For Me – and see this is something you are doing For them!
The 7 Questions are the bedrock of a promise you are making and planning to keep through your OOS. You are saying to your people:
“Everyone, I am making a promise to you, from now on I promise to surround you with others who can answer yes to these 7 things, they will be saying yes I Belong, and yes, I Believe, Yes I am Accountable and Yes I understand and embrace how I am Measured, and I am active in productive debate for the greater good, I am Heard, and I assume an adult approach to my own Development, and I understand what balance means at our organization, I am Balanced.”
When you can make and then keep this promise, you are going to create a Patient Organization, an organization where everyone who is part of it wants to be. It is how you attract, engage and retain your great people.
If your are asking yourself the following questions?
- Do I know how I will attract, engage, empower, and retain the worker of the future—our fresh workforce?
- Do I know how I am going to dominate my competitors before, during, and
after the next economic opportunity, i.e. a downturn?
- Do I know how to address the scourge of instant competitor imitation?
- Do I know how strong my organization is?
- Do I know how to measure the strength of the culture in my organization?
- Do I really know we are a “Best Place to Work” organization? Or did we just win the empty beauty contest?
- Do you ask yourself, “How do we measure success to the above questions?”
The key to lasting success in today’s rapidly changing business landscape is in knowing the answers and Walt wrote this book to help you discover yours.
Ready to make your OOS investment in EOS, Traction, 4DX, Holacracy, or Scaling Up make an impact, really pay off? Then good, read the book and feel free to reach out to Walt with any questions.
4.9 out of 5 Stars on Amazon
“A straightforward compliment to any business or leader using an Organizational Operating System such as EOS, Gazelles, Rockefeller Habits, OKR’s, 4DX, Holacracy or Rhythm. Grounded in years of experience. Masterful, timeless and battle tested tools and concepts that illustrate how to engage your workforce, especially the millennial, which the book describes as a misunderstood and inaccurate stereotype.”
please, do NOT order this book if…
- You don’t believe in maximizing your opportunity by surrounding yourself with great teammates.
- You are all talk and no action.
- You are happy with the status quo.
- You don’t want to be a champion.
- You are a manager and not a leader.
- You believe that business does not positively impact the greater good.
- You don’t smile and laugh at work.
- You don’t agree that, at root, every problem is linked to a people problem.
- You can’t say: “I don’t know what I don’t know.”
- You can’t laugh at yourself, please, please don’t read this book.
Still reading? Good. Let’s change the world together.